Sunday, November 29, 2009

SUICIDE..!! Is it the last resort???

You all must be wondering why i am talking about this topic out of the blue.

Saturday morning I had a few wake up calls from friends with some very bad news.
One cousin called and told me that her (our) grandfather expired, a few minutes later another cousin told me that one of my uncles had a chest pain and had to go to hospital and finally Aparna called and asked, "Aditya, news vinnavaa??? Oka friend atma hathya chesukunnadata???"

This news finally woke me up. The first thing that struck my mind was, "Why?? Didn't he have a choice?" And then i could think of a million things he could do instead of the one thing he has done.

This person isn't a close friend to me i met him only a couple of times. I know him through Aparna and Srujana (who i also know through Aparna). They were a group of four close friends. Now he is only a part of their memories which will fade away bit by bit with time.

My impression from the last time i met him was jovial, active, intelligent. But i can never guess the circumstances that led him to the extreme step. Today, I was talking to Srujana and she says she can't work. The questions like why, how, what made him, was there no other way and thoughts like i have to kick him once, i have to talk to him out of this and a lot more thoughts and feelings are making her mind dizzy.

As i mentioned earlier one can do a million things instead of dying. The first things that crossed my mind were,
1. leave everything and go for a nice long journey to think all over again
2. rob a bank and become robinhood
3. try to become a film star
4. write a book
5. join politics and work for the poor
6. just don't do anything and sit at home
7. learn fine arts and become an artist

These being the first few. Madhu might say, "kill someone" as an option but taking life is never a good idea.

In one movie i have seen. A person tries to kill himself for all the bad deeds he has done. The hero stops him and asks him, "who will set things right if you are gone? who will you help by killing yourself?" and kicks him till he cant kill himself (he hee..!!).

Anyways, after that the person roams all over the war torn country helping people in distress and in dire need of help. Its a movie story but why can't this happen in real life too.

I just started thinking. If there could be one reason i have to kill myself what would that be?
Its just a minute i allocated my brain for this thought but one thing i am sure of is i wont be able to find one even if i think for years. But if you ask me, "One reason i don't want to?" I can keep talking and getting ideas for the next few days without a break.

I also read or seen in movies that suicide is actually a psychological syndrome and is a mental disease. Well, I can't dig too deep in this topic as my knowledge here is quite limited but i have my doubts. When and how does this start? Can't friends and family help somehow? What are the signs? I guess its time i learn these if i don't want to lose someone close because of the secret inclination he had, never shared and we could never observe.

Finally, all those who are reading this (I may sound funny here) if you at anytime had a single thought about suicide, talk to your closest one and help yourself get out of it. May be people think they have thought everything through before dying but they sure didn't. One can never calculate the human emotion involved aftermath.

Looks like i am finally done organizing my thoughts about this topic. Its time you share yours. Please comment and let me know what you people think.

1 comment:

Soumya said...

whatever may be the problem is , suicide can definitely be not the solution.

Yaar , think of your loved ones before doing any such act.. they will be totally shattered , and wud have to live their lives with the void left by you , and the guilt that they might be responsible.

Death is inevitable but lets not ask for it. Please!!

I m feeling very bad , whoever is this Suman is.